This service allows users to file online oppositions to the registration of a national or international industrial design, by completing an online form. An application fee must be paid to complete the filing of the application. To make the payment, once the online form has been completed and when prompted to do so by the application, proceed as follows:
- With simultaneous payment, the application will redirect you to the payment gateway. Follow the instructions. You will receive proof of payment and then be returned to the application where you will be able to get proof of submission of the application.
- For fees paid in advance, enter the barcode number(s) of the payment receipt in the field indicated by the application. You will be given a receipt for the submission of the application.
This service has the following advantages for users:
- New web interface: the new design has been developed prioritising usability, accessibility and adaptation to mobile devices.
- Auto-adjustable interface for different devices: PCs, mobiles, tablets.
- You will instantly receive the registration number for your application.
- Online checks and controls help avoid any errors in data entry and information is provided about the process (status of the designs, whether it is pertinent to object or not, etc.) to make processing as efficient and agile as possible.
- Drafts of applications: this functionality allows you to save a draft of your application before finalising it. You can load it at any time from the application website, using the load drafts option. Drafts are saved on the user's computer, so there is an option to save the draft on the applicant's local machine at any time during the completion of the application.
- Confidentiality: no information is stored openly with the SPTO until the application is filed.
- The form provides access to online help.
- You will receive a copy of your application stamped by the SPTO, by e-mail. If you do not receive this e-mail, contact SPTO’s support function.
- You will receive a 15% discount on application fees.